Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's Sunday morning and Mac is down to about 5 pounds of fluid (my calculations), which is good. His kidney function has been stable the last few days; there is still some concern about his gall bladder. He's eating little bits throughout the day, but he feels kind of nauseous sometimes. He's still on a thousand antibiotics some of which will slowly start ending this week. So we're stable/going in the right direction as far as this - what do I call this? - 5 week landslide is concerned. The problem is that stopping the Cyclosporin due to the seizure has done nothing for his aplastic anemia. His levels have hit the bottom and so he started Tacrolimus Thursday. Everyone is waiting to see if his ANC will start moving up. So far it hasn't. (Come on small miracles, we need you now more than ever.) There are grumblings about starting searches for non-related bone marrow donors in case we end up going that route. It's scary and exhausting... have you heard me say that before? Mac is hanging in there. And so am I. Mo ran home for the weekend to hang out with Peter and Annie and my mom, and my friend Sara came to spend the weekend with me and Mac. Please remember to keep Mac in your prayers and I'll update again soon.

5 comments:

  1. We think of your family and pray for you all the time. Hang in there.

    I became a bone marrow donor last week. We pray that one of your many friends or family is a match if Mac needs it.

    Muchos besos,
    Tita'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Barbie,
    Isabel just told us about Mac and we are just devastated. Prayers are heading your way. I will be in Memphis October 13th & 14th and would love to see if and bring some food if it would be apropriate. My e-mail is campnak@frontiernet.net and my cell is 931-260-6061. Let me know how to find you at St. Jude's or your cell to contact you. If there is anything particular I could bring you, just let me know. Any particular food cravings or anything Mac would like. I would be happy to do anything you need.
    We will keep you close in our hearts.
    Ann & Pepe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie!
    My heart is aching for you tonight as you sit there with your sweet boy. As a mom, I can't even fathom what you are feeling, fearing, etc. But I do know with all my being that our God is an AWESOME God and he can heal your baby. We are praying for just that and our Sunday School class and church are praying for that for Mac. Praying for strength and comfort for you and Maurie, too. "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee". Psalm 55:22
    Give it all to him, Barbie.
    Much love, prayer and blessings,
    Kelly Greene McCarley
    Enterprise, Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey folks,
    Thais, Kevin, Sammy, Catherine and I just wanted to say that we are thinking of all of you! There is not a day that goes by that we don't think about ya'll. The boys are always asking about Mac. Needless to say, we keep praying for his full and speedy recovery!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb- I am so sorry. We just heard about Mac. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you!
    Denise and Rick

    ReplyDelete