Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We are in the ICU (they call it a step down room. I guess there are some rooms that are for worse cases; we're just sort of bad.) Mac is on more monitors and they are trying to help with his breathing. He's still running fever. The CT scan showed tons of fluid build up in his abdomen and between his lung and chest wall. They gave him more lasix over night to start getting rid of some. (Mo was on the night shift last night and they were up most of the time. But in this game, being nocturnal comes with the program.) This afternoon he's going to get the rest of it drained by an interventional radiologist. He will be sedated. They will study the fluid - that may contain some answers. This will also relieve a lot of his discomfort and he will hopefully feel some relief with his breathing. They didn't see any major fungus issue which is good. The other organs are still having various issues, but they are maintaining the balance with IV fluids of all combinations as needed. Like I said earlier, it's very complicated and we just have to trust the doctors here.

I guess my gut feeling is that alot of these things will eventually correct themselves if the real problem is taken out of the equation. The ICU doctor for this week is from Baton Rouge (she grew up in NO) and works here 1 week/month. She recognized Mac's Lafreniere soccer tshirt right away.

Please keep praying as I know you all are. Will update again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys. Can't stop thinking about you and waiting for the "When" to happen! It will! Trust and Believe.

    If anyone reads this and would like to light a prayer candle for Mac, the librarian at St. Matthew was thoughtful enough to start a prayer group at a website called www.gratefulness.org...go to the "light a candle " link and search for mac's candles under"mac", light your candle and pray! keep going back to keep your candle and prayers going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac, hang in there I know you will make it through this. My prayers and all of your Lasaillian Brothers are with you.

    So FYI Chillies Restaurant is donating 100% of the funds they raise on Monday, September 29th to St. Judes. So everyone should go there that night.

    And Lastly, have you ever tried to make potato soup from scratch, well let me tell you not a fun experience, first you skin the potatoes. So of course I begin doing this until the disposal started backing up and spilled water and potato skins under or sink, so then I had to clean that up. But will I am doing that the veggies already in the pot start to burn so I have to stir them up really quickly which was just crazy. Then when I was done I went to get some out of the pot and it boils up and pops up and burns my hand, insane right. So for some reason I thought it would be smart to take a hot shower well that was just a bad Idea and it hurt my hand worse. So remeber next time you Carrs try to make potato soup be careful

    Ben (the not very good soup chef) Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bad it's the 28th.

    I REPEAT Monday the 28th, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Barbara & Moe. Our thoughts are with you. We are praying for Mac. Please let us know if you need anything else. So many people want to help you. You have our prayers.

    Jodi & Baron Schwing

    ReplyDelete