Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I realized I had never updated the blog after our last trip to Memphis. It was a quick trip, but very long as we crammed in more appointments than usual! Mac had his labs checked and his counts were stable. His hgb is still in the 10's and platelets went up a bit to 81K. Come on 100K, we need them to stay above that number!! Normal would be above 150K. Friday he had his bone marrow aspiration, done by Martha. Yes, our Martha does it all!! It took a week to get results, and the report was long. Martha put a post it note on it that says "all looks great, see you in August." I'm glad she put that on there, because I understood none of it! I guess my Wikipedia degree in Hematology only goes as far as reading CBC's! Anyway, we're decreasing the Tacrolimus a tiny bit more, keeping the GMCSF shot at it's .1 level, and checking labs here in July and back in Memphis before school starts. The chromosome tests they are running take a while to get back, and I haven't heard anything yet on those. But I'm going on the assumption that things "look great" as per the post it note until I hear otherwise!

Thanks for checking in and praying, I always know you get to work when I ask! God has a plan, though it's not always our plan!

When I go in August, I'll have many questions about the aspiration results, and I'll get back to you then. Now it's time for some summer fun for Mac! Take care and enjoy your summer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment