Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's been a while since I've written, but as my cousin Vivi wrote, "I assume no news is good news"!!! You can definitely assume that in our case!! When things get bad, I go straight to the blog!! But since we've been home, we've jumped right back into to our old ways, with a few added duties (dressing changes, shots, etc.) As if we weren't busy enough before....

Mac is doing fine, his labs taken at NO Children's Hospital last week show greater improvements in his platelets, and his hemoglobin in holding steady. We go back to St. Jude next week. There is talk of starting to decrease the dose given in his shot. (This is the shot given to get the ANC up, and it's up pretty high now. Remember the days when his ANC was 0? Unfortunately I remember it all too well. Now it's up at 7700! With the dose decrease, that number will drop I assume. Anything above 1800 is ok. ANC stands for Absolute Neutrophil Count. They are the white cells that help fight infection.)

We had a relaxing Easter, and Mac is doing great with his home bound school program. Miss Cathy is so nice and has been teaching home bound students for 25 years. There's a lot of independent work Mac can do on the computer, so he gets in a couple hours a day. I went on a field trip with Annie, went to a couple of Peter's soccer games, and am having major spring cleaning projects at home. If you open closet doors now, things won't fall on top of you!

That's about it. I'll update again after our appointment next Friday. Thank you for reading and praying for the specific counts. I think God heard the platelets loud & clear. Now we need him to hear hemoglobin. (Maybe megaphones would help!) And we need to pray for steady counts as the medicines start to decrease. I know I'm holding my breath!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that things are looking good as we all continue to pray for more blessings from God....Hugs to Mac & all....Jane Francois & family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys!!! You have always been on my mind and I will be very diligent with specific prayers now :)!! Miss you all and I hope to catch up soon! My cell # is 904-486-0518. Jim is gearing up to head to IRAQ for a year leaving in May...he's already been home twice during the training phase in South Carolina on emergency leave for me-gall bladder complications, surgeries etc but all good now. Crazy stuff. xxoo to all of you!!

    love
    sherri

    ReplyDelete