Saturday, November 14, 2009

We had a good week - not too much to report. I'm going to take some pictures over the next few weeks and try to put some on the blog. That way you can see some of the St. Jude sights we've been talking about for the last 4 months! Mac is just doing PT, school and clinic visits. He got platelets twice last week, but hasn't had a blood transfusion in over 2 weeks. (Woody, he's still living on your blood!) We are thinking he's beginning to make some reticulocytes (baby red blood cells)! Just a few, but hopefully it's a sign of things to come! He's feeling much better and this evening we were able to stop by a soccer field in Memphis where some kids from his soccer club had games. It was great to see familiar faces!!

Short but sweet tonight. Thanks for reading! And please keep up the prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Alleluia!!! Glad you guys had a good week. We'll pray for many more, and even better ones. We saw the reverse trick or treating picture that Vivi sent out. What a great idea! Great costumes, too!!!
    Love, Tita'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad ya'll were able to get out to some fields. I know it had to feel great to see some faces you know!!! The little patch we wore with MAC on it is still on Neil's uniform. I've washed it many times and it just won't fall off. I can't bring myself to take it off, so we'll just keep Mac with us!!! As you are all still in our prayers, love the good things happening for Mac finally. Keep up the good work, Love and Prayers, Bridget and the Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie, my name is Susan and I went to HS with Elena. I was just recently in Galveston with Carol, Cindy and Kate. It's a small world ---- I will be in Memphis for the Marathon on Dec. 3rd on Team Believe. You can contact me through that site. I know of 2 kids that we follow that have the same disease as Mac. I won't be at the pasta dinner as we have our team dinner that night but would love to get together if that is at all possible. We have a great prayer group and we chat and follow the progress of the kiddos!!!! I'm usually on at night and sometimes real late! I use the name SMSTexas and would love to introduce you. It is www.believeprayerworks.blogspot.com (it is a very safe site and monitored (by my friend in Memphis) I know the nights can be long --- so if you have a chance, please join us. There are many that are not Team Believe, but parents, as you are that come into the chat. It can help pass the time, when you can't sleep!! Be restassured my prayers are with Mac!!! Susan Scheu4@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete